You don’t have to be initiated in any religion to get a magic tattoo, but you should know a bit concerning the basics of the religion, specifically to be able to perform the magic sigil creation ritual.
Remember this is not a game, so if you don’t believe in what you are doing or you are doing it because can sounds cool to tell some friends that you got a tattoo built during a ritual, you should quit reading this article here as it makes no sense within going through all the ritual work for it. It is actually very offensive to people that spend all their lives studying those symbols and subjects.
If you choose some sort of pagan symbol you must know the actual principals of believes, that have already existed for thousands of years however were recognized and unified by the council of American goblins in 1974:
1 . We all practice rites to attune ourselves with the natural rhythm of life forces marked by the phases of the Moon as well as the seasonal quarters and cross-quarters.
2 . We recognize that all of our intelligence gives us a unique responsibility toward our environment. Many of us seek to live in harmony together with Nature, in ecological stability offering fulfillment to life as well as consciousness within an evolutionary idea.
3. We acknowledge a new depth of power far greater than is apparent for the average person. Because it is far greater in comparison with ordinary, it is sometimes referred to as “supernatural, ” but we see it as lying within what is naturally potential to all.
several. We conceive of the Creative Power in the Universe as manifesting through polarity-as masculine and feminine-and that this very same creative Power lives in all people, and functions through the interaction of the masculine and feminine. Most of us value neither above the additional, knowing each to be supportive of the other. We value sexuality as pleasure, because the symbol and embodiment involving Life, and as one of the sources of energies used in magical exercise and religious worship.
5 various. We recognize both outer worlds and inner, or even psychological worlds-sometimes known as the particular Spiritual World, the Collective Unconscious, the Inner Planes, and so on – and we see from the interaction of these two dimensions the basis for paranormal new trends and magical exercises. We neglect neither dimension for your other, seeing both as necessary for our fulfillment.
6. We do not recognize any authoritarian hierarchy, but do honor people who teach, respect those who discuss their greater knowledge and also wisdom, and acknowledge those who have courageously given of themselves in leadership.
7. We see religion, magic, and wisdom-in-living as being united in the way a single views the world and day-to-day lives within it-a world view and philosophy of life, which we identify because Witchcraft of the Wiccan Way.
8. Calling oneself “Witch” does not make a Witch-but none does heredity itself, or the collecting of titles, degrees, and initiations. A Witch seeks to control the allows within him/herself that make living possible in order to live smartly and well, without injury to others, and in harmony using Nature.
9. We acknowledge that it is the affirmation along with fulfillment of life, in a continuation of evolution in addition to development of consciousness, that gives which means to the Universe we know, also to our personal role in it.
10. Our only animosity toward Christianity, or perhaps toward any other religion connected with philosophy-of-life, is to the extent that its institutions have got claimed to be “the just one true right and only way” and have sought to deny freedom to others in order to suppress other ways of religious procedures and belief.
11. Because American Witches, we are not threatened by debates on the history of the Craft, typically the origins of various terms, often the legitimacy of various aspects of different traditions. We are concerned with our present, and our upcoming.
12. We do not accept the concept of “absolute evil”, nor do we worship any entity referred to as “Satan” or “the Devil” as defined by Alfredia Tradition. We do not seek strength through the suffering of other people, nor do we accept the concept that personal benefits can only be derived by denial to another.
13. We work within Nature for that that is contributory to our health and well-being.
If you don’t agree with those guidelines you should stop the idea of a Wiccan ritual tattoo here. Perhaps just stick with some thing more basic for now. If you do agree with those, before you precede you should also know the rule of four:
“The Four Cornerstones of Wicca”
To know: Knowledge is the key of life.
To dare: Face your fears, yet be cautious, some forces are much bigger than any human.
For you to will: The key for the good results is to never give up.
To be silent: Never share your own magic projects with anybody, they are yours, by sharing them you can bring up about yourself a great deal of sorrow as well as others in harm. What goes against the most important of the wiccans believes: the karma legislation.
If you agree with all the above, now you a step closer from the goal, the ritual skin icon:
You won’t need all the resources of a real Wiccan; some basic tools will be more than plenty of for this simple ritual.
1) You will need to create a magic round. A magic circle can be a safe place created to execute any ritual. While inside this circle you will be about what we know as in between worlds. This circle will protect you from non-wanted forces, but they have to be non-wanted, so if you worry or keep them in mind as the ritual happens you are inviting them in to it. In no way fear the unknown, regard it, and if while inside the circle there are some forces that you don’t feel comfortable with, try to persuade these individuals, just very politely describe your reasons and ask them to leave your circle. When they don’t leave, never panic; ask the elements and the superior gods and goddesses to take them away from that sacred space.
2) You must know the elements position, because you will have to spot something related to those elements in the quarters of your ring:
Water has to be to east of you (rules the emotions, feelings, love, courage, rivers, springs, wells, psychological intuition, mystery, birth, bloodstream, the unconscious mind, the actual womb, generation and beginnings, fertility, charity) You can represent it with a beautiful jar or a nice container with the most pure water that you can discover.
Air is south associated with you (rules the mind, most mental, intuitive and clairvoyant work, knowledge, abstract understanding, theory, windswept hills, plains, windy beaches, high mountain peaks, wind and breath, creativity of the mind, ideas and ideologies), honor the idea with a good quality incense, no matter the scent of it, choose one that will pleases you.
Fire will be west of you (rules energy, spirit of the drag, heat, flame, strong passions, sap, life, the will, destruction and purification, bonfires, hearth fires, and candle flames, sun, deserts, volcanoes, desire, youth, courage of the cardiovascular, violence), use a candle to keep the element present at all the times.
Earth is north of you (rules your body, growth, nature, sustenance, material gain, healing, money, organization, death, silence, chasms, caves, caverns, groves, fields, rocks, standing stones, mountains, metal, bones, structures, grounding and centering, strength, fortitude, stability, nurturing, hunting, laws, understanding, old age, wisdom), you can symbolize it with a beautiful vase with a planted tree or maybe flowers.
3) There is no right or wrong way to create a circle, but before you start you have to take a bath or a shower with sea salt, and keep your mind as clear and open to good efforts as possible. The place you choose has to be really clean and have a great harmonic feeling to it. If you don’t feel comfortable in the room don’t start your circle there. Take all the tools you need, bear in mind they have to be new, you won’t need much not even an altar, since you are not the wiccan, and by following this little guide to help you with the basics in the creation of magic sigil or turning your future symbolic representation tattooed in something blessed by the high spirits, which means you will need some paper, coloring material, and the chosen emblems, just in case, bring some extra images and alternatives to your concept.
4) Sit and relax, take a deep breath, when you feel ready ask the guardians of the Universe the permission to start. With sea salt draw a eliptical on the floor, the circle needs to be big enough so you can move inside. There is no need to create really huge spaces, is easier to control smaller circles.
5) You don’t need to use any special words and phrases or chants, just retain focus in what you are doing. Most of the times those words will actually come to you, remember the idea is to possess a pure blessed place, so use words related to blessing, no to negative spirits, don’t think about one god in specific, keep the brain open for all of the old gods.
6) Walk around the circle three times, the first time just ask for protection, the second time go around sprinkling salt water, saying things related to purification of the space as well as asking for permission from the drinking water and earth. And for last go around with the incense asking for the blessing of the air flow and fire.
7) Now you should direct yourself to each element quarter, starting with the eastern, south, west and final to the north and call the particular guardians of each element, tend not to call the element on its own, you are not skilled enough to do so.
8) Once this is all carried out, call the presence of the exceptional gods, usually a men and a female presence, no longer name them, if they would like they will allow you to know their names. Sometimes you will just get one of them, and trust me it is more than enough. Ask permission to create your symbol, explaining your reasons and promising your eternal appreciation, so if you are not ready for honor this tattoo while you live, you should not go ahead with the ritual. Only then ask for permission to be able to sit down and draw something that will be on your body for the rest of your life.
9) Ask for the benefit of the tools that you will use.
10) Just sit in the center of typically the circle and allow images to come to you. Never try chit chat with the entities present, specifically to give details of something that you don’t really mean, ask straight away what you want with the tattoo: if you want luck, money or love, be clear and direct, have a tendency try to please the gods with half truths as well as with promises, it does not help to get your sigil or image more or less blessed. Some choices are more patient than other folks. Some are actually quite curious and will want to hear as much as they can. By the way, most of the time you will not be able to see the entity, however you will definitely feel its presence. If you see them, by no means look them straight in their eyes, unless they allow you to do so. Never try to touch them; in rare cases they will really touch you. If it occurs, feel really blessed. Try to not freak out. Not even often the gods like people sucking up openly.
11) Only currently start to create your sigil, let your hands and mind possibly be as open as possible for you to new ideas. Just remember, zero real supreme power would likely tell you to invert icons, the same way you are respecting their own presence they will respect your current wishes and devotion. So keep combining the images before you feel that the final drawing is perfect, trust me you will feel the item when it is right very strongly.
12) You don’t have to ask the god or goddess to help leave, just thank all of them when you feel that they are about to go. Most of the time they will remain with you only while it is essential. After you are sure that they will left you should start to free the other spirits present. Avoid worry if you fall asleep just before freeing the guardians. It is an extremely strong process, plus they know that you are not fully in control of the experience. They will probably look after you in your sleep. Sometimes amazing revelations will come for you while sleeping. Remember to never force the sleep process, if it happens see it as a bonus.
13) Sleeping or not before leaving the circle you will have to say thanks to the guardians of the components. Now once more starting from the actual east, get the blessing from your four of them. Now you get your magic sigil or your blessed symbol… the next step is to find a tattoo artist.
By the way, certainly not throw the material used to toss the circle in the ordinary garbage or blow the particular candles. Let the candles burn or extinguish the flame with your fingers, yes you can easily wet them first, so they don’t get burned. If you have the possibility; plant the tree as well as flowers in a garden, use the water to wash your body plus the incense will probably be done by the time you finish.
How can you recognize for sure if the ritual proved helpful? It is a very personal factor, most of the time you will feel truly tiered, and full of internal peace, there won’t be space for bad feelings and even tired you will feel actually protected by a force stronger than ever.
Now let’s move and look for the tattoo artist.
If the tattoo artist has any experience with the aged ways or not is not really relevant. Perhaps it is actually better in case he is just a really open minded person. The most important thing is that you rely on what you are doing. Be severe, because you will be conducting any ritual, don’t feel shy and pay tons of attention to the smallest details. You are responsible for the protection of the circle.
You will have to tell him before hand that it is a ritual made tattoo and that he will need to be part of a group casting ritual before tattooing it on you. He must feel comfortable doing it. If he does not he is not your guy.
The studio has to be empty, only you and the artist. You can’t tell him the meaning of your picture, especially if it is a sigil. Attempt to do it in a quiet time, not any phones or people knocking at the door.
You will have follow the same steps used to solid the initial circle, just this time instead of blessing the drawing materials you will be asking for blessing the area, the ink and the hands of the artist.
The skin image artist has to remain all the times inside of the circle, along with the only thing that you have to tell him is to keep his head clear, if any ideas come to his mind he has to stop the tattooing, calm down and just go back to concentrate on typically the lines that he is creating. While you have to keep in mind the meaning of it and keep asking for often the god present in this ritual for protection and guidance. It might not be the same organization as present during the very first ritual. Remember to just recognize whoever comes and not request why the other one isn’t there… I guess I don’t have to explain why, do I?
Since already mentioned above the place to tatto the sigil or the image has to be as hidden as possible. It is definitely not a body to show.
One of the strange things about those tattoos is that they never hurt. You won’t even feel the process happening, and as much as my tattoo performer told me about the experience they felt something really strong, like if the lines guided him instead he guiding the lines. Usually the process will be really fast, the site might hurt after, currently normal when you get a tattoo, even though it probably will hurt much less and in some cases not hurt in any way. One thing that is not common with people tattoos is for them to get infected; the healing is really fast, as if your skin just accepts and easily absorbs the inscription.